Epic Journeys (DOWNLOAD)
4-Week Series that takes a look at famous journeys in the Bible and what people learned from them.
In this series, we’ll take a look at some of the epic journeys people in the Bible took. During summer, many of us take journeys of our own! When preteens understand who God really is, then they can trust His promises and take an epic journey of faith when He asks.
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version.
- PowerPoint Slides – Each lesson comes with all the PowerPoint slides you need. Also included are the individual jpg files for each slide.
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
EPIC JOURNEYS OVERVIEW
Week 1: Abraham’s Journey of Faith
Bible Connection: Genesis 12:1-7; Psalm 18:33; Hebrews 11:9
Bottom Line: When we understand who God really is, then we can trust His promises and take an epic journey of faith when He asks.
What’s That to Me? Preteens will discover that when they better understand who God is and how He keeps His promises, they can trust Him.
Week 2: A Journey About Attitude
Bible Connection: Numbers 13:1-3; 17-33; 14:1-45; Deuteronomy 6:12; Proverbs 4:23
Bottom Line: God cares about our attitude, the state of our heart. Attitude is formed by what we believe to be true.
What’s That to Me? Preteens will learn their attitude can have a huge impact on themselves and others. God wants us to guard our hearts and attitudes and remember His faithfulness
Week 3: A Journey of Leadership
Bible Connection: Nehemiah
Bottom Line: Great leaders bring people closer to God through their influence and actions.
What’s That to Me? Preteens discover why Nehemiah was a great leader—not a boss—and how his example brought others closer to God.
Week 4: A Journey of Obedience
Bible Connection: Acts 8:26-40; Jeremiah 7:23
Bottom Line: Obeying God gives us a chance us participate in His awesome plan for us and for others.
What’s That to Me? Preteens may struggle with obedience in different areas, but this lesson will help them see that their obedience and disobedience to God and others affects everyone.