Good News: 4-Week Series
This preteen series shares how the bad news of Jesus' death meant good news for all of humanity.
This series is written in a fun 'news story' format that will present the story of Jesus' death and resurrection in a new and creative way to your preteens.
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version. (PPT not included.)
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
GOOD NEWS OVERVIEW
Week 1: Fulfillment
Bible: John 19:1-35; Genesis 3:14-15; 3:21; 1 Peter 1:19-20; Isaiah 53:2-11; Hebrews 10:4-7; 12:2b; Colossians 1:13-14; Matthew 21:9; 26:14-15; 26:26-28
Bottom Line: The good news about Jesus’ death is that it fulfilled God’s promise to send a Savior to redeem us from the curse of sin.
Week 2: Forgiveness
Bible: Matthew 21:1-3; 21:8-11; Zechariah 9:9; 1 John 1:8; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 1:7; Romans 5:6-8; 1 John 1:9; Isaiah 43:25; 1 John 2:12; Matthew 26:39; Mark 15:15; Matthew 27:29
Bottom Line: The good news about Jesus’ death is that it offered a way we could be forgiven of our sins.
Week 3: Family
Bible: Matthew 26:20-30; Ephesians 1:4-5; Romans 8:14-15; Galatians 4:6-7; Romans 5:10-11; 1 John 3:1; Matthew 27:31; 27:35; John 19:34
Bottom Line: The good news about Jesus’ death is that it gave us a place in God’s family.
Week 4: Future
Bible: Matthew 26:36-46; 27:45-28:10; John 18:1-12; 19:19-20; Mark 16:19-20; 1 Peter 1:3-4; Revelation 22:1-5
Bottom Line: The good news about Jesus’ death is that He rose again and conquered death, giving us the promise of an eternity with Him.