This 4-week series helps preteens become salt and light to the world around them.
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version.
- PowerPoint Slides – Each lesson comes with all the PowerPoint slides you need. Also included are the individual jpg files for each slide.
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
SALT & LIGHT OVERVIEW
Lesson 1: Sermon on the Mount
Scripture: Matthew 5:1-12; Matthew 5:13-16; Matthew 5:14-16;
Bottom Line: Jesus has called you to be the salt and light of your school.
What’s That to Me? Preteens are about to return to school, and it’s important for them to understand that Jesus calls us to be different from the world—to stand out as light and salt so others want to know about him. Kids can be the salt and light in their everyday lives as school.
Lesson 2: Why Should I Care About Others?
Scripture: John 13:1-5; John 13:12-15
Bottom Line: We serve because Jesus has served us
What’s That to Me? Preteens may wonder why it’s important to serve others, and they may struggle with doing it out of obligation or for other imperfect reasons. This lesson will help them understand that we serve others because Jesus served us.
Lesson 3: Who Is My Neighbor?
Scripture: Matthew 22:37-39; Luke 10:25-29; Luke 10:31-37; John 13:35
Bottom Line: Go and love your neighbor as yourself.
What’s That to Me? Preteens may not think they have a lot to offer others when it comes to love and support. But when the story of the Samaritan is a great way to help them understand they have the ability to positively help their neighbors—and that’s what Jesus wants them to do. They’ll also realize that the “neighbors” Jesus is talking about may come from unexpected places.
Week 4: Gifted to Serve
Scripture: Ephesians 2:10; 1 Peter 4:10; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6
Bottom Line: God gives every believer spiritual gifts to help him or her be salt and light.
What’s That to Me? Preteens may not have ever really thought about their areas of giftedness—or considered that they have gifts. This lesson will help them see that our gifts are from God, and he intends for us to use the to build up his Kingdom.