Summer Days: 8-Week Summer Series for Preteen Ministry.
Summer is an awesome opportunity to reach preteens!
Use this series to make a huge impact in the lives of those in your preteen ministry this summer.
Throughout the Summer Days series, preteens will be challenged to live a summer of significance, deepen their relationship with God, make healthy choices, and so much more!
Download a Sample Lesson
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version.
- PowerPoint Slides – Each lesson comes with all the PowerPoint slides you need. Also included are the individual jpg files for each slide.
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
SUMMER DAYS OVERVIEW
Lesson 1: The Summer of Significance
Main text: Daniel 1:8-16
Description: As Christians, we’re not called to be normal. In fact, we’re often called to be the exact opposite! In this lesson, we will talk about some things God is calling us to this summer that are definitely not the norm in our culture.
Lesson 2: The God Days of Summer
Main Text: John 15:12-15
Description: A dog is said to be mans best friend. They say this because dogs are loyal and loving and there for you. Finding a friend that is like a dog can be hard. If you have some friends like this in school, over the summer it can be hard to say connect with them. This week we are going to look at your summer friendships. What should we be looking for in a friend, how do maintain those friends.
Lesson 3: I Know What You Did Last Summer
Main Text: Romans 12:2
Description: Don’t fall into the trap of thinking “what happens in the summer stays in the summer.” The choices you make this summer will affect your future. In the future, when you think back on this summer, what kind of person do you want to remember yourself as?
Lesson 4: Heat Index
Main Text: Revelation 3:15-16
Description: What’s your heat index? If you’re not more on fire for God right now than you’ve ever been, it may be time to reevaluate some things. Summer is an amazing time to reignite your passion for God. If you feel that you are stuck in a lukewarm area of your walk with God, that is a scary place to be, and it’s time to get out of there.
Lesson 5: Summer Vacation—Sleeping in on the Race
Main text: Philippians 3:12-14
Description: One of the best things about summer is sleeping in. That temptation to get lazy and “sleep in” on other areas of life can definitely start happening. Don’t let this happen with your relationship with God!
Lesson 6: Living Water
Main Text: John 4:13-14
Description: Water is refreshing, enjoyable, and satisfying, but it is also necessary for life. It both satisfies much in our lives and saves our lives, so it makes sense that Jesus talks about living water. Our relationship with Him both sustains and refreshes us.
Lesson 7: Road Trip—Which Map are You Following?
Main Text: Psalm 119:105; Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Joshua 1:8
Description: Whenever you want to go somewhere new, you follow a map to help you get there. Where do you want to go spiritually this summer? What map are you following? God’s word is the most important map you could ever follow. How can you follow it if you don’t read it?
Lesson 8: Back to Reality
Main Text: John 15:1-5
Description: As summer comes to an end and the beginning of the school year is in sight, it’s important to think about what kind of lifestyle you’re going to have. If you want to live a life for God this school year, it’s impossible to do so with dead branches in your life.