The Places of Christmas is a 4-week series that explores locations that are important to the Christmas Story and what we can learn from them.
This item, like all our resources, is only available as a download.
WHAT YOU GET
- Instant Download – Instantly download all the series contents immediately after purchase. Send the download link to leaders for immediate distribution.
- Series Artwork (widescreen 1280 x 720) – Includes the main artwork for the series (cover artwork) and a blank text version.
- PowerPoint Slides – Each lesson comes with all the PowerPoint slides you need. Also included are the individual jpg files for each slide.
- Lessons in Both PDF & Word Doc Format – Customize the lessons as needed and easily share with your volunteer team.
- Leader Script – A lesson script is included with everything written out word for word. We encourage you to use it as a guide, rather than a script. We include a complete script so that you have everything you need to make the most out of each lesson.
- Format – Each lesson includes an opening game, creative teaching, small group activity and small group discussion questions.
THE PLACES OF CHRISTMAS OVERVIEW
The Christmas story happened in more than one location. Each location was a significant part of what God was doing. Throughout this series, preteens are encouraged to make a place in their heart where God can do His work, just like He did in each place they explore each week.
Week 1: Back to Nazareth
Bottom Line: We can make a place for mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience to be our response this Christmas.
Bible: Luke 1:26-37; Luke 1:38; Matthew 1:19-24; Colossians 3:12
Week 2: Bethlehem
Bottom Line: Let this season be a place where we each discover more of God’s purpose for our lives.
Bible: Isaiah 7:14; 9:6-7; Micah 5:2; Luke 2:1-12; Psalm 32:8
Week 3: Egypt
Bottom Line: Today we each have a chance to be rescued from darkness. God has provided a way through His Son Jesus.
Bible: Matthew 2:1-18; Isaiah 9:1-2; John 8:12; (Romans 10:9; Revelation 21:4)
Week 4: Nazareth
Bottom Line: Christmas is a place where we can make a decision to grow and mature in our relationship with God and with others.
Bible: Matthew 2:19-23; Luke 2:39-52; (Matthew 1:18-24; Luke 2:1-20; Matthew 2:1-15; Luke 2:39-40)